Limoges Métropole: making innovation and industrial success stories happen
The Communauté Urbaine Limoges Métropole is a Public Institution bringing together 20 cities, home to more than 208,000 inhabitants.
The main remit of Limoges Métropole, the Nouvelle-Aquitaine Region’s 2nd largest urban area, is to deliver flagship projects that make a difference, develop the range of economic infrastructure and services and manage the main essential public services whilst safeguarding the quality of the environment – a highlight of our region.
With 5.5 million km of public transport lines travelled annually by more than 15 million passengers, 1,400 ha of business space, 1,478 km of roads, a recycling center, waste energy plant, the Zénith concert hall, swimming pool complex and “Raymond Poulidor” municipal cycle track, Limoges Métropole plays a key role in driving the region’s prosperity.
A welcoming place with an appealing, thriving local community
Its capital, Limoges (nearly 140,000 inhabitants), boasts the full range of university, medical, cultural and recreational facilities.
Our community nurtures its ties with the locals by remaining on a human scale. The people of this place have long been a genuine priority, and we strive to help each of you find your place by forging uncomplicated, lasting and beneficial relationships within agile and highly reactive businesses.
With such a flourishing atmosphere built on trust, Limoges Métropole is somewhere innovation and industrial success stories can happen.
The little facts that make a big difference:
- The average commuting time in Haute-Vienne is 13 minutes (as opposed to 50 minutes in the Parisian region)
- The property price per square meter is among the lowest in France: at an average of €1,160 per sq.m. in an apartment, versus more than €1,400 at national level
- At an equivalent rate of pay (€1,680 net a month on average), employees in Limoges enjoy a higher purchasing power
- For every Limougeaud (person living in Limoges), there is 52 sq.m. of green space
- A density of just 1,712 inhabitants per sq. km. (21,067 in Paris).
A region with an unbeatable quality of life
Because families, their personal development and well-being are the beating heart of our communities, the Limoges urban area, through its département, offers up undeniable advantages:
- 1 physician/604 inhabitants (compared with 1/1,063 in France)
- A particularly low crime rate
- 5 out of 13 regional university hospitals in Nouvelle-Aquitaine are in the département
- Reception rate for early childcare (under 3-year-olds) of 59.3% (56.1% in France).
As part of its “Healthy city” (Ville Santé Citoyenne) initiative, Limoges has been conducting a strategy these past two years to reduce endocrine disruptors in preschools around young children (TERRITORIA Gold award).
The Communauté Urbaine Limoges Métropole boasts major complexes for providing its residents with a full range of sports and recreation options.